Tuesday, June 1, 2010

More like Jesus...

This little girl steals my heart and makes me melt multiple times a day, BUT there is nothing more exciting than when she talks about Jesus. I know God has great plans for her because he promises us (Jeremiah 29:11) and because she has such a love for Him and constantly reminds me of his undying love for us.

Here are a couple of conversations from the past few weeks!
Alyssa: "Mommy you and daddy don't have to use the wooden spoon much anymore do you?"
Me: "No Alyssa we haven't!"
Alyssa: "That's because I don't do sins no more." "I'm trying to be more like Jesus."

This was a conversation that Alyssa and I had while driving to school one day last week. She was watching a movie and just out of no where began asking me this:
Alyssa: "Mommy why does Jesus allow some people to have a lot, and some to have nothing at all?" "Is it so that those with many things can give to those without?"

Alyssa has such a soft spot for those in need and those hurting. I'm glad she does and I pray she always will.

Oh how I long to be more like Jesus everyday. I fail far too often, but my greatest desire is to know Him more, and to tells other about Him. He is more than worth it. I want the Lord to use my hands and my feet to make His Kingdom come, and I want to look to others needs far more than my own. I love when God uses my innocent child to remind me of his love and his graciousness!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, she is so insightful. She sounds like such a sweet, little girl.

meeksmiles33 said...

I love your Alyssa stories. They are so sweet.