Monday, June 28, 2010

7 years later....

Today my wonderful hubby and I are celebrating our 7 year anniversary! WOW!! Where has the time gone? I can honestly say this has been the greatest 7 years. I couldn't possibly list all that we have done in the past 7 years but I am going to try!
Not in any particular order!!

We have:
laughed together
cried together
shared in the birth of our 2 daughters
grown up together
become the best of friends
traveled to: Antigua, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Colorado, Cancun, Jamaica, Dallas, St. Louis, Branson, Scottsdale AZ, Alabama, Florida, and hopefully by the end of the year New York City!
Moved 2 times
fought
made up
met new friends
fallen more in love with each other
fallen more in love with our Savior
prayed together
fallen in love with people more
have more a world vision for reaching the lost
made our house and home
made some bad decisions
made some great decisions
hiked a 27 mile trail at the Buffalo (with some great friends)
fished
spent lots of time at the lake
shared many dates together
grabbed coffee together
eaten lots of marble slab
Called the Hogs
Obsessed about the Hogs
Tailgated together
Camped together
talked a lot
shared a whole lot of "life" together

These are just some of the things I could think of off the top of my head! I am sure there are tons more and something big I have left out!

Matt you are amazing. Nothing less. Much more. I feel unbelievable blessed to call you mine and that the lord chose you for me and me for you! What a great combination we are. The balance He created between the two of us is nothing short of perfection. You love me and I NEVER have to doubt it. For that I am so thankful. You are trustworthy. You are faithful. You are such a hard worker. YOu want nothing but the best for your family and you work so hard for that. You are the best dad. our girls adore you! You make them feel special and loved the second you walk through that door. No matter what kind of day you have had. You are always going out of your way to make me feel beautiful and special. You are a Godsend helpmate. you help with the house, the girls, the dishes, the trash, you give almost all the baths and have since the girls were born. You pray with us and for us. You love others more than yourself. You are not selfish. You are thoughtful. You are a STUD and I have am more attracted to you every day. You love to spend time with me and there is NO ONE I would rather spend my time with than you. You are a perfectionist. I love that about you. You support me in all I do! You love to fish and hunt and be outside. You are a mans man and that is HOT! You are silly. You are funny. You still tuck me in every night. :) You are one of the Godliest men I know and you help me to be a better Christian everyday. You never "know everything." You long to be a life long learner. That is so admirable. You learn something from everyone and every situation. You are a great leader of our family. You love the Lord and I love that we have grown in Him together. I know the Lord has great things in store for us. I can't wait to see it all unfold.
I love you Matty!

Happy 7 year anniversary!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

such a sweet post! :)

The Jordon Family said...

OK after all of that I think I'm in love with him :). Just kidding, HA!

I love you both and wish you the greatest anniversary ever!

Have fun tonight.

Sarah Ward said...

Thanks girls! Janie you crack me up!! You have a pretty good man too!!:)

Love ya!

Angela said...

Happy anniversary, you two!! So precious!!!

Unknown said...

Pretty sure I cried... haha! So happy for you both! =)