Thursday, February 20, 2014

The chase

As I was doing my quiet time today I stumbled upon this little exert from a website that was under construction and had not been updated since May of 2013.  As I began to scroll through the site this is what I read.

 Permanently Under Construction.

I like that the Proverbs 31 woman, 
above all else, 
is a woman who feared the Lord.
I don’t like seeing in me a stronger desire to do what she did 
than to fear Whom it was she feared.
She feared the Lord. 
Her focus was on Him,
 her actions were simply a response of her heart.
I’m encouraged by her example. 
Fearing God,
she left no room for the opinions of others 
or the whims of her heart.

I couldn't help but think about the sovereignty of God and the fact that I came across a a website that had changed their domain name and He had something for ME.

Something that I needed.  Encouragement that this life is not about pleasing others.  It's about living in absolute abandonment of what He has called me to do.  I can't rely on the "whims of my heart" to guide me.  I know my heart and I know it can be yucky and misleading. 

Being a wife, a mother, a friend, and just a woman for that matter can be exhausting.  The daily tasks that are thrown at us sometimes don't allow a lot of time to ourselves.  God has gifted women in such a way that allows us to carry this load, but not without His help.  He wants our focus to be on Him and his ability to strengthen and His ability to bring grace when needed.  But too often, life gets first place and our focus becomes on other priorities and it isn't until we feel our heart about to fall apart that we stop and realize we have been trying to do it all on our own.  In our own strength and we end up overwhelmed and heavy hearted.  

Too often I find myself chasing after God, and I neglect the opportunity to walk with God.  Walking with Him as he guides.  To chase after anything is exhausting and constant.  It never brings me to a place of peace, it always leads me to exhaustion and lack of fulfillment in my life.  A desire for more.  The reality is, what I am running after is right beside me all along and all I have to do is reach out and grab it.  But I choose to chase.  His desire and his plan is for us to walk with him.  In the pace that he sets for our lives.  
Too often, I race through my day chasing after my agenda.  My plan.  Marking things off My checklist.  I miss Him and I neglect His leadership in my life.  
  
I wonder how different my day would look if I woke up asking God each and every day, Lord what is it that you have for me today?  Don't let me do anything that is not on your list.  

Unfortunately this is something that I battle far too often.  You would think over time that my heart would always lead me in His direction and to Him in all areas of my life, but like the title of the blog I read, our lives are Permanently Under Construction and just like the song I learned as a child... He's still working on me.  

Though my heart and flesh may fail, God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26

No comments: