Thursday, March 4, 2010

Home make-over!!

I have been really wanting to do some things to our home for while now. But, it has been one of those things where what we have is fine and why spend the money just because I "wanted" new things.

A couple of weeks ago, my sweet daughter Bella Grace decided she wanted to have a tea party with her dora book (who was having a tea party). She wanted to have this tea party at our formal dining table, so that's just what she did. She being the busy and independent one year old that she is, pulled out the chair and crawled up in the chair. She then pulled a whole place setting of my all time favorite and retired animal print dinnerware off the table. In the floor. Broke it all! She was laughing hysterically.

So, this allowed me to get all new dinnerware and a new arrangement. I am just going to warn you...I LOVE IT!!!
It completely changes the room. Looks very organic, rustic, yet very contemporary too! It's just perfect!!




I had this arrangement made. I picked out all the elements and had a "professional" make it!:)

Lastly, I decided to add 2 more panels in our bedroom. I am loving the look.



6 comments:

The Jordon Family said...

It's all beautiful!! I absolutely love the place settings and centerpiece on the table.
Cracks me up that Bella Boo was laughing :) She's a cute hoot!

Sarah Ward said...

Janie she is a mess! She keeps us laughing that is for sure!!

Thanks! I got that dinnerware at Dilards.:)

I love it!

Unknown said...

I didn't know she broke your other ones! I hate to hear that but I love to hear it gave you a reason to get some new stuff. Sarah I adored your house. I got home and I told Blaine how beautiful it was and so sophisticated. I was like it looks like grown ups live there. Why can't our house look like that?? LOL! Instead we have posters, and calendars, and hospital ribbons, and art work from the kids all over our walls! You are so crafty and great at decorating. I loved it! Maybe someday I can live like a grown up too!

Sarah Ward said...

Angela you crack me up!! I think all those things you have hanging up are sweet. Such great memories and sweet treasures. You don't think for a moment that your house doesn't look like grown ups live there! But, thank you for your sweet comments. that's very nice!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that's our dinnerware????? It's the exact same stuff we have! Ha! I guess great minds think alike. :)

Sarah Ward said...

Chelsea I didn't until your mom told me after I bought it! We do have great taste!!:)

See you Thursday!!:)