Thursday, February 25, 2010

Overwhelmed...

There are moments in my life where the Lord just overwhelms me with His grace, love, and mercy. God has just poured out blessing upon blessing in my life and I am just overwhelmed.

In the past year, God has reminded me of this verse over and over again.
Have your roots firmly and deeply planted [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving. Colossians 2: 7

I want nothing more that to be firmly planted in the Lord. I want my faith to continue to rise up in Him. I want to overflow with thanksgiving. I want to grow in my faith and knowledge of the Lord daily.

As I look at my life, I realize it's pretty chaotic. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to stay home with the girls. Some days are tough. Some days I want to throw in the towel and go get a "real" job. Some days I just want "me" time. But then I look at those precious faces and tears roll down my face. Tears of joy and of thankfulness that the Lord counted me worthy enough to be their mom. To be able to stay home with them and teach them the ways of the Lord. Show them an example of what a Godly mother looks like. One that fears the Lord. One that loves each of them with the love of Christ. This leaves me overwhelmed with Thanksgiving.

I have a husband that I simply do not deserve. I know our Sovereign Lord orchestrated our lives to be together in a way that only He can. I am so thankful for Matt. He is my best friend. My greatest supporter. My biggest fan. He loves me and I KNOW he loves me with everything that is in him. I find so much peace in this. Matt loves the Lord. Like really loves the Lord and wants to be more like Him everyday. Wants to know Him more. This is the thing I cherish most of all.
Matt is the best dad. He loves his girls and they absolutely adore their daddy. They run to the door when he is home. They cry if he isn't here to tuck them in. Matt is so involved in their lives. I am so thankful they have a Godly daddy who loves them and is a great example for them to look to!

I am so thankful the Lord reminds us of his faithfulness and his greatness even in the chaos of our lives. He loves us enough to break through the noise of the crying baby, the child begging for just one more snack, and the begging to read "Just more Bible story" just to show us His love and humble us in our life. I love these moments. A moment that I needed. A moment that I cherish. A moment that I feel extra loved my my Heavenly Father.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I should have read this before I wrote you today! LOL! I just not read it and find it amusing that I wrote you about never having "me" time and crying kids, lol....Your selflessness and love amaze me...

The Jordon Family said...

You are my girlfriend Hero! You are an amazing mom, amazing wife, amazing friend and an amazing child of God!!

Sarah Ward said...

Awe thank you girls! YOu are both too sweet!