Saturday, February 13, 2010

Busy weekend...

This has been a great weekend at the Ward house! Friday night, Matt and I headed to Ruth's Chris for dinner. I got a sitter and surprised my love with a night out to the amazing Ruth's Chris. Oh it never disappoints us! We love the slow pace of Ruth's and the amazing service. We spend so much time rushing through meals trying to keep the little one content so it's nice to sit down and relax just the two of us. There was no rush. We just enjoyed being together and relaxing in a slow paced environment. They have one of my all time favorite desserts. I hate to admit that I halfway picked Ruth's because of this fabulous dessert. We got the dessert menu and neither of the things we get for dessert were on the menu. I was a little bummed, but I drank some coffee, we talked some more, and then headed to maggie moos for ice cream. So yummy!
It was a fabulous evening with the man of my dreams, my life long partner, my best friend. He means the world to me and there is no one that I would rather spend my time with. We absolutely LOVE being together and doing just about anything and for that I am sooo thankful!!

Today was a great day! It warmed up. The sun came out and we could actually go outside with the girls without a jacket. So we did! We spent the whole day outside. Matt re-stained the front door today and it looks so great! (pics soon) I worked around the house and on some orders this morning. We also stripped our kitchen table and are in the process of staining it. It had a horrible top coat on and I have not liked it since we got it. It's impossible to keep clean and just never looks polished and kept. So, we will see how it turns out!
So we spent the rest of the day outside. The girls and I played chase, ran around the yard playing soccer and catch, jumped on the trampoline and watched daddy do back flips, and the girls finished the day coloring in the front yard!
We ran and grabbed some dinner, drove around looking at land (our favorite thing) and finished the night with the olympics and red velvet cake balls!!

Oh I love weekends like this! Such sweet memories with each other, and our sweet girls.

God you are so good to us!

No comments: