Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Something to ponder.


I receive daily devotions through my email from proverbs 31 women. They are always so good and speak to me each day. This one particularly hit home!

Here are a few lines from this mornings word:

"I'm learning to be more thankful for what I am than guilty for what I'm not."

Maybe you are the friend with the veggie peelings in the trash can and steaming homemade goodness on the table.

Celebrate that.

Or maybe you are like me. And your gifts are less tasty.

Celebrate that.

And cut the threads of guilt with the edge of grace.

Dear Lord, You made me in Your image and that is something I seem to forget daily. Please help me remember to celebrate and live in who You made me to be and not in what I wish I was.

"Sometimes I feel more guilty for what I'm not than thankful for what I am." This is such a powerfully honest statement. "


Colossians 3:17, "And whatever you do in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

Psalm 139:13-14, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

My thoughts: I feel so much of social network is used by the devil to tell us as women and as moms that we are not measuring up to the next person. I constantly see updates of women who are whipping up amazing dinners for their family or children. Friends Who took their children here or there or who are constantly doing fun things with their child. I find myself not
Measuring up to the other moms out there. Or other friends out there. I believed if wasn't cooking a homemade meal every. single. night of the week, or If i didn't make homemade soap with my girls I was lacking as a stay at home mom. If didn't entertain others in
My home, or have play dates to attend this week I must not be liked. I must not be as good as mom or wife or friend.
Those are lies. Lies that the devil wants to use to keep me ineffective for the lord. I know god called me to be a wife, a mother, and a friend and I am so thankful for those roles in my life. He Made me in his perfect image. I will celebrate that and choose not to dwell on what I am not...in my eyes or in the eyes of others!


















TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
Outrageous kissing couple today
Get Yahoo Search App! • Privacy Policy

1 comment:

Chrissy Cash said...

Great post! Why is it so easy to compare ourselves with other moms and then feel bad for not being as "good"? Always good to be reminded to be happy with who God made us and be the best "us" we can be! Because there are plenty of days that my hair looks a wreck, I'm wearing the same capri jeans for the 3rd day in a row, I feed my kids Ramen and grilled cheese for dinner and my laundry is piled high. And that's ok!! :)