Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sweet Kid...

Alyssa has always had such a sweet heart. She loves other and is learning more and more about what it means to be like Jesus. She loves to talk about Godly things. Tonight as I was reading her a devotional, tucking her in and praying for her she and I had a sweet conversation. It went a little something like this.....

The subject was giving
Alyssa: "I'm going to give JEsus all I have." "Are you going to mommy?"
Me: "Yes sweetie I want to give God all I have."
Alyssa: "Yep I am going to give him all my money." "Like forty cents!" "When we all go to Heaven, the first thing I am going to do is give Jesus my piggy bank!" "Mommy you also need to make sure I have lots of pants and shirts with two pockets so I will have plenty of room for my money in case I can't take my piggy bank to heaven!"

I pray she is always so giving. I pray she always wants to serve Jesus and be a cheerful giver. We have been given so much. It's not ours. It's all his and I love when God uses my sweet daughter to remind me!

You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. Deuteronomy 6:7