Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall-like Friday...

I love Fridays! I love them for several reasons, but a couple of the reasons are:
1. It is our only day home during the week. Yes thats right, our only full day home. With Alyssa in preschool 3 days a week and Bella going 2 days a week, then wednesdays are church and we spend the afternoon at the inlaws. So Fridays we get to lay around most of the day in our comfy clothes and just be home together as a family...well minus dad he has to work:)
2. Because they are just always interesting. Alyssa is one funny kid and she really doesn't mean to be but she says the funniest things! I always know Fridays will be full of funnies!!
All of that to say today has been a great day! The girls and I spent all morning outside. We road bikes, played make believe (I always forget who I am supposed to be), colored, worked on math with Alyssa, and went to the park for a picnic and some play time! I would post pictures but we managed to lose our macbook charger (our back up charger) and our other one broke! So we are waiting for a new one to arrive any day now!!
While enjoying our day together I got to hear some pretty funny things from Alyssa:
She loves to sing! She was singing "Great is thy faithfullness" but her song was a little different! "Great is my thankfulness oh God my father!" I guess those are good words too!
Then, the Fed Ex man showed up with a package. It was some shoes I had ordered for the girls. She said, "Oh Jesus, thank you so much for this amazing gift!" (while looking up to the sky kissing her shoe) Then while trying on her shoe and them being a bit too big she said, "Oh Jesus I know you know my shoe size, but why didn't you tell the mail man the right size??"
I was laughing so hard!!
These girls are so sweet. So much fun. So wild. So messy. So tiring. But such a blessing to Matt and I!

1 comment:

The Jordon Family said...

So Precious !!!! I tried to imagine pictures in my head while I was reading :)