Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The last couple of days have been a little rough for sweet Bella Boo! She started out Monday night with a high fever. High as in 104. The Drs. don't seem to be too concerned with a 104 temp, but as a parent it is something to be concerned about. So we got her fever down and put her back to bed. She woke up Tuesday morning much better. She played outside all morning and was just her normal self. we went to get Alyssa from preschool and when I got her home she was hot again. I gave her two luke warm baths and put a cool towel on her head to get her fever down and for 5 straight hours her fever stayed about 104. Nothing, not even meds were breaking this fever. So, I called the pediatrician and she told me that this weird virus with extremely high fever and no other symptoms was going around and to keep an eye on her for a few days and if she's not better bring her in. Matt got home about 5 and she was acting much better. By 6 she was playing and jumping on the trampoline. We were thrilled that her fever had broke and that she seemed to be feeling better.

During the time of her 5 hour high fever Bella just wanted to be held. She didn't want to walk, talk, or even sit up. Her head just fell on me and that is where she wanted it to stay. She NEEDED mommy. I must admit that i hated she was hurting, but I was loving my cuddle bug. For those of you that know Bella, you know she is never still. She is always talking and smiling and walking and getting into something. She is just one busy girl and has been since she was a little baby.
During this time of holding Bella and praying for her, I couldn't stop thinking about how it must feel to be the Lord. You know, all I want as a mom is for my kids to want me. To need me. To reach for me and to love on me. Christ feels the same way about us and about me specifically. I always run to him when I need him, or when I am hurting. He wants to me to desire to run to Him at all times. Not just in times of trouble or helplessness. He wants me always. How it must hurt him when we neglect his love. He is always there. Just waiting for us to run to him. Waiting for us to sit still among him, but we are too busy running around. Too busy talking. Too busy with "life" to be still and know that he is LORD. Lord of all and Lord all the time. Oh how I love how God teaches me more about him in the little day to day things in life. Who would have thought while holding my sick Bella Grace that the Lord would show me more about himself. He always will, I guess I was just willing to listen today!

Thanks you God for your patience with me! I am so busy doing my own thing that I don't stop near enough to listen for your still small voice!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a sweet little post. I know what you mean. And I know God does hurt when we reject Him, but just like any good parent He loves us the same, and will always be there when we need Him, and well we all need Him :)

About the fever. I panic too, but then I came across an article by a doctor that made a lot of sense to me and has helped me not to panic during times like these. I will share it with you and perhaps you will be at ease as well.

The reason we as parents freak out about fever is because several years ago, a fever in a child usually resulted in death. Back then children did not have the medical care, vaccines, and immune systems we have today. So of course when they got sick and got a fever, parents panicked. There wasn't antibiotics or immunizations to help those children. So through the years that worry and panic has been handed down. Fevers are the body's natural defense against infections. As God designed it. Bacteria lives comfortably at body temperature so when infection occurs the body raises the core temperature in order to kill off the bacteria. Fever is actually a very good thing and sign that the body is doing it's job. 104 fever is very scary! But there isn't really a danger until 107. I am not saying you shouldn't be concerned, I am just saying it makes a lot of sense what the dr. said. Doctors today do kind of shrug fever off and now I see why. As long as it subsides within a day or two everything will be good. That made me feel so much better to understand we don't have to be so worried about fever as our grandparents and great grandparents did. I hope I helped you and did not make you feel silly for being worried because I was worried too!!! It just felt good to hear that news :) So thankful Bella was back to her normal busy bee little self. I love you guys.