Friday, December 25, 2009

A baby. A Savior. My King.

This has been one of the best Christmas's since Matt and I have been married. It wasn't because of the lavish gifts, or the delicious food. It was because it was spent with Matt and the girls. At home. All day. No where to go! Before we had kids Matt and I ran from Christmas to Christmas. It was fun but oh so tiring. We decided when we had kids we were going to have or won traditions and be home on Christmas day. For the first time since I can remember, we have always done Christmas with my mom's family at 5:00 on Christmas night. This year due the weather, that was cancelled so we have been home all day. Matt and I have never had a relaxing Christmas like we have had this year. We played out in the snow, and stayed in our jammies all day long. ALL DAY! It was sooo great. We ended the night at IHOP. just the 4 of us. It was perfect! We have fulfilled some much needed time at home with our girls. Just our sweet little girls.

We spent Christmas eve night with my dad. It was a great time. We have a tradition on Christmas Eve to eat the worlds best gumbo made by my dad and then we have boiled shrimp and lots of yummy desserts! It was just a relaxing night with no plans and lots of laughs. It was a perfect evening! We left just as the blizzard started and drove home in the beautiful snow!

We got the girls home, and read the Christmas story out of the Bible. Alyssa had lots of questions that we got to answer for her! It was a special time sitting by the fire and talking about Christ's birth, death, and resurrection. They opened their Christmas jammies and they were in the bed!

I just got through tucking in Alyssa when Bella started crying. I asked Matt what was wrong with her and he said she probably just needs her mommy. As I was rocking Bella, I couldn't help but think about this special day. How it must of felt for Mary to rock sweet baby Jesus. How she must have been overwhelmed at His birth and that she was chosen to carry Him.
I also couldn't help but think as I was rocking Bella, and she fell fast asleep, how Jesus desires nothing more than for us to crawl up in his lap when we are crying and let him rock and comfort us.
I love how it feels to know that Bella "needs" me and wants me to hold her and love her. Oh how Jesus must feel when we show him love and that we are in need of being held, comforted, and just rocked to sleep.
I love how the Lord shows up when we least expect it. Tonight, he used my sweet baby girl to relate to his sweet baby Jesus!

Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

meeksmiles33 said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like the perfect Christmas. I am glad your family had a great one!

Sara Neufeld said...

I love family days as well! It sounds like your Christmas was lovely. :)