Saturday, October 26, 2013

Backpack finds

Earlier this week Alyssa forgot to get out the door with her backpack so Matt and I were going to run it out to her. Daddy-o went to pick it up and almost took out his back!  Not really, but is WAS heavy!  So...we began the search effort to rescue some of these fabulous finds!  We couldn't believe all she had "accumulated" in just a matter of a couple days....
This was interesting!
This was grand!  100 pencils?  I better be seeing lots of work if you need THAT many writing utensils. :)
Well you never know when you might need a couple pecans.....or a tiny golden bell!:)
Those zippers are lifesavers. I'm glad you have an extra!  Whew. I already feel better. 

Rocks are good too!!;). Especially this many. 
Then you have this sweet face. This child is precious. Matt and I laughed pretty much all day about all this "stuff." We call it junk...she thinks it's special. It holds value. She takes nothing for granted and values the smallest things in life. Makes me stop and wonder what value I place on things.  How often do I overlook the greatness of something because it's junk in my eyes. I love this kid and that she teaches me life lessons daily. Today was to be thankful for the little things and the splendor they hold! 

Every good gift is given from The Lord. James 1:17

No comments: