Sunday, June 10, 2012

investments

I have been thinking about investing a lot lately.  Matt and I have made plans for our financial future through investments and savings.  But this past week, when I least expected God to speak, HE did!   I was just driving in the car by myself and it was as if God was asking me this question... what are you doing to invest in things that have much more of a life long impact?  A spiritual impact?

God has given us a great desire to make disciples of all the nations.  He has given us an unbelievable passion for Haiti.  The children of Haiti. The people of Haiti.  He has given us a love and desire for this country to know HIM and to praise HIM.  This project in Haiti is time consuming.  It is not something that is going to happen over night.  The people need Jesus and that is the bottom line.  But, things in Haiti don't just happen over night.  The Lord is working in the people of Haiti but we have to continue to be faithful to plant the seed of life in the lives of these people and wait for God to pour out His blessing on this investment.

God has given us 2 beautiful children of our own that we are required to pour our time, our energy, and our resources in to.  Our desire is to teach them everything we know about Christ.  Letting them see Him by the way we live, speak, and love others.  Boy do I fail.  I fail each and every day, but it's as if the Lord keeps telling me, "Sarah, it's worth messing up.  It's worth failing daily.  I am worth it.  It's worth it for them to know Me and know My ways. They are an investment."
Just like our resources are an investment for us and take much time to grow and mature.



They lose money along the way.  They gain money along the way.  Are children are much more of an investment.  Worth far more than any financial investment is the investment of our children.  They want our time.  But most of all they need our time.  They need mom and dad to sit down with them and read them God's word.  The need for us to be involved in their lives.  They need us to put all other things aside and just spend time with them doing things as a family. They need us to not over book our schedules so that we are not too exhausted to pour in to them.  They need us to get off facebook and off the internet to make sure we don't miss something important.  We can't afford to miss a teaching moment that could forever change their life.

Alyssa just finished kindergarten this year.  Whoah!
This is one thing I have learned.  Time flies when you have a child in school.  Each and every year pass by and before I know it she will be in middle school.  I don't want to miss a moment with her. With both our children.  Every day is a day we can't get back. This summer my goal is to send her off to school with a stronger knowledge of the Lord.  A greater strength as a little girl.  A deeper confidence that she is loved and that she is beautiful in God's eyes.  I want her to know we are a strong family that Loves Jesus, loves others, and that everything we do is for the Glory of the Lord!

I am thankful the Lord calls me out of my selfishness and ignites a passion in me that far out weighs my own desires.
I am grateful for  a God that loves me enough to not leave me in my idle state.

No comments: