Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend recap through pictures.

This weekend was a busy one. We have been in project mode the past couple of weeks with Matt being home. It has been soooo good to have him here with me and with us during the day. I am seriously going to miss him so much when he starts his new position!

These little cuties were excited to spend the night with their nana. Papa Mike was out of town so it was just Nana time and Nana did not dissapoint!! She took them to all their favorites. They hit up Razorback Pizza on Friday night and Got to stay up late and watch a movie. Saturday woke up at 9am (seriously? That NEVER happens for us) to their favorite breakfast of pancakes and juice. Then went to chick fil a for lunch. They packed in the fun on their overnight stay! Thanks Nana!

Friday night Matt and I went on a date. This is just something we have made of utmost importance in our marriage. We love our children more than anything but we are called to love each other more. We want our marriage to always be fed and that comes through spending time together. I love Matt more every day and thank God for this amazing man to walk through life with! What a Gift I have been given!

We have been looking for a little desk for Alyssa to have in her room. I can not stand clutter. I can not stand for things to be out and be seen. God has given me a sweet, precious little girl in Alyssa. A little girl who LOVES stuff. Nothing big. She has never asked for much of anything. She is VERY sentimental. She loves arts and crafts, and she loves to keep EVERYTHING!!:) She is one of a kind and I have never met a child quite like her. Very quirky in her ways. Very loyal and very special! All that to say, she needed a desk. A place where she could store some of her "stuff," and a place where she could work. She is always working on something. She had a little meal tray that she used in the corner of her room and her chair was Bella's bumbo seat. She never complained, but we knew it was time for a little upgrade!!

Matt and I spotted this old school desk at a Antique store by our house. We loaded up the girls and headed out. It was the cheapest entertainment ever! They. Loved. It. They were ooing and awing over everything. Matt and I were constantly laughing..and praying they would not break any of their "favorite things they had to touch!"
This desk cost us $15. We brought it home and pondered what would do with it!

It went from this:



To this:



It is perfect for her room! She loves it and we are kind of proud of our find!!:)



Friday I also got to have breakfast with one of my best friends! It was sooo good to hang out with Katie for a few hours at our favorite breakfast spot, Panera! We have shared some hi's and lows at the lovely Panera Bread. It was such a great time of catching up. Made me realize just how much I have missed her (she moved to Austin) and we are already planning my trip to Austin!! Love you Katie!!

Saturday night was a fun girls night in honor of Miss Hurt being in town! It was fun to get together to laugh and just hang out and catch up! Love these girls!



Such a great weekend full of fun! My heart is full and very thankful for all of God's great blessings!!

For you bless the godly, O Lord. You surround them with your shield of love.
Psalm 5:12

No comments: