Thursday, January 5, 2012

A moment in time...

As we drove home yesterday from a getaway to the mountains I was thinking about the week we had and felt overwhelmed. Overwhelmed at the vastness of the view as I stood at the top of the mountain overlooking the pure beauty of our Saviour's creation. I stood amazed at his goodness. His love. His blessings. His beauty.
His love so great that he created it all for me. For us.
I was reminded of how I felt the first time I saw my sweet babies. It was instant love. A forever love. A beautiful love. A love I had never experienced before.

I then thought about the instant love that poured out of my heart the first time I laid eyes on the country of Haiti. The people of Haiti. The children of Haiti. It was a love I didn't know existed aside from Matt, my children, and my family. It was a heart wrenching love. A compassionate love. An instant bond that no distance, culture, race,or language difference will ever Break.

I knew God was speaking to me as I stood on the edge of the mountain. It's as if He said, "Sarah, I created all this beauty. I formed your children and the orphans in Haiti. I created you. I created you to share my beauty. Not just the beauty of the mountains, or the world around you, but the beauty of redemption. My unfailing love. The beauty of deliverance and the beauty of everlasting love. The beauty of a forever love and a forever home with Me."

It's not just for me to take in and hold to myself. It's for me to share with others. Because God's love is beautiful and his power and grace are far too amazing for me to keep to myself. Because He is worth it.

So thankful god used a moment in time to show me that he cares about me. That he loves me. That he has a plan for me and a plan For my family. A moment where He whispers in my ear and tells me that His love was instant. His love is forever. Not just for me, but for every believer.
... But they must be told.

May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Ephesians 3:19


No comments: