Wednesday, December 21, 2011

They have stolen my heart...

Miss all these kids.

Sweet, sweet kids!
Breakfast time.

The kids before school
During school. I snuck over and got some picture!!:)

The sweet children of Haiti have forever stolen a piece of my heart. I love these kids. I think about ALL of them daily. I pray for them. I hurt for them. I can't get enough of them. I can't see them enough. They have changed me. They will never know the impact they have had in my life. I pray I have and will continue to have as much of an impact on them as they have had on me.

Trip #2 was amazing. It was fast and furious. Too fast, in fact. We took the all 120 of those precious kids Christmas gifts. They LOVED it. They sat patiently and quietly on the edge of their seat waiting to hear their name called for them to come and receive their gift. They were thankful. They were thrilled. They had a new light about them. This light did not come from the gift itself, but from the love that was shared through that gift. The kids know they are LOVED. To most of them, we (the people of first lavaca) are the only love they have ever known. We have truly shown them what love is. This breaks my heart and it makes me smile all at the same time.
I am thankful for the change the Lord has worked in these children. I am thankful that He has and is using us to teach these kids the love that comes from the Father. Though they may be fatherless on earth, they have a Heavenly Father that loves and adores them. A Father that loves them so much, that He sends His servants to love on them. To hug them. To play with them. To laugh with them. To talk to them. To take their picture (this is their favorite thing) and to tell them how beautiful they are. To feed them. To provide for them. To show them they are loved and they are important, and God has a future for them!

I can't wait to go back. I'm already praying for the opportunity for Matt and I to return to Haiti and to see these precious kiddos!




And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled. Luke 14:23

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Brought tears to my eyes!