Monday, November 28, 2011

I have been faced with a common question since the Lord clearly called our family into full time ministry. It goes something like this. "Sarah, How are you with all of this?" I can simply answer that question by saying, "It's not about me. It's about the Lord Jesus." Thank goodness it's not about me, or I could find myself in a panic at times. :)

I have had moments throughout this journey where I have felt extreme peace. Where I have trusted completely that the Lord almighty would take care of us. Take care of every "need" that we will have. That He would provide a friend when I need one. That He would allow our girls to adjust to his calling with ease and peace. I have trusted and know fully that He was/is walking before us laying out each and every step for us to simply follow.

Then there are the moments of fear. Fear of the unknown of what our once comfortable life will now look like. Anxiousness to know where we will be and what we will be doing. Moments where patience is a must but very hard to find. Times where I wonder how will we make it? Moments where I wonder how in the world we will we leave our family and friends? Times where the closeness we have with our family, our friends, and our church overwhelm me and I wonder what it will be like to be away from that each week! That thought alone can take my breath away....

BUT, God is so very good. He is worth putting every detail in his hand and letting him create in us what he wants us to be. Where he wants us to go. And what he wants us to do. After all, he is the potter and I am the clay. (Isaiah 29:16) "How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay!"

God has been so faithful to show me his love, his grace, and his mercy each and every time I have needed it. His timing has been impeccable. Never slow. Never quick. Always on time. (2 Peter 3:9) The Lord is not slow about His promise.

As we wait on the Lord, we wait with a humble heart. A heart that is thankful that he has entrusted us with this call. A love for Jesus that we have never known before. A peace that passes all understanding.

Acts 20:24
But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus. The work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

No comments: