Friday, January 28, 2011

Growing and learning and wanting to GO!

While talking to Alyssa about Nana being at a funeral she asked me why do we have funerals? I said, " Alyssa when someone dies you have a service for them to honor them." She said, "Well why is he going to die today at the funeral?" I said, "Well he has already died. He's in heaven now with Jesus!" She said, "Well, that's a great place to be!" I just smiled and said, "Yes baby it sure is!"
I'm so thankful she is getting an understanding of Jesus and heaven. She told us Wednesday night that she wanted to have Jesus in her life. She said, "But he's already in my heart!" "Cause I pray!" I said, "Well Alyssa theres a lot that you still don't understand but you just keep learning and keep asking questions." She said, "Yeah mommy there is a lot I don't understand. But I'm will soon!!"

Alyssa came home Wednesday night after church with a picture of a little boy. Not just any little boy. A sweet little boy from Haiti who's parents are dead, he is deaf, and he lives in an orphanage. He is just the cutest little boy. Such a bright smile. An innocent child left with nothing after the earthquake.
Our church has taken in an orphanage. An orphanage filled with close to 100 other children who are orphans. we are building a kitchen for these kids and feeding these children 3 meals a day. Three good meals a day that will sustain them and help with their growth and nourishment. We are sending a group from our church every month to send the money to buy food for these children and to love on and care for them. We are looking forward to going. Trying to picture what we will see when we arrive, but knowing nothing can prepare us! Praying for God to raise these children to mighty warriors for Him. Thankful for the call of God on our life to love and serve others and to tell the world about our Savior!

As I am looking at this picture Alyssa says, "Mommy I'm going to Haiti!" I said, "Well you are not quite old enough but you CAN pray for these kids!" She said, "Well I want to go and I will get my shots...even though I know it will hurt!" As tears fill my eyes I say to Alyssa, "This makes mommy so sad. It makes me want to cry." She full of wisdom beyond her 4 years says, "Mommy, it's going to be ok. He's going to be ok. You know why? Because you and daddy and many others are going to go and take care of him!" I said, "You are right Alyssa! He is going to be ok."

I am so thankful for a little girl with a heart for others. A tender heart. She might not be the most lovey dovey child, but her heart is more loving and compassionate than any hug she could ever give me! For that I am thankful!


A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

John 13:34-35



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa Lauren is such a precious child. There are very few little kids like her. What a gift! And Bella, too, of course. :)

Rikki said...

That is so sweet! She really does love. What a blessing!

Ashley said...

Ahh brought tears to my eyes to!!! Love that little girl & her love for others:) I didn't know y'all were going?

Unknown said...

Precious baby girl.....

The Jordon Family said...

Sarah, that is so wonderful that you all are going to Haiti! So much work, still, to be done there. Alyssa is a precious gift from God!! It brought tears to my eyes reading this. You know you're raising her right!!!
Just Precious!

Angela Lott said...

Beautiful. Just like her mother :)