Friday, January 14, 2011

Bye Bye...

We have officially taken away Bella's binky. Or as she would say. "Binty." It was time..ok maybe it was past time, but you know, she's the baby and the past 2 years have literally pounced right on top of me that I didn't really even realize it was time. Ok...maybe I did, but I like to ignore things. Like her getting WAY too big!!

So last night we took the precious love. of. her. life. away!!! She did GREAT! She asked for it when she went to bed and did not ask for it again. She didn't cry for it once. It took her much longer to go to sleep but I knew that would be the case! She woke up a few times last night and just struggled to go back to sleep, but I am praying tonight will be much better as far as her sleeping goes!

Today she has done fine without it, but nap time is still not happening! I laid her down at 12:30 and now 2:49 she is still not asleep. She has been up several times and has played in her room a lot! I would like to say it has been oh so fun, but it hasn't! This afternoon has been tough. My nerves are shot. I have prayed a lot. I have needed guidance and have needed patience.
It amazing that I can spank her (yes we partake in spanking), and I can tell her NO, but she will still get up out of her bed!
Makes me think about how frustrated God must get with me a lot of times. I can do the same things over and over...or not do what I need to do over and over! There's always a purpose in life's trials. This afternoon has been a trial, I know nothing major, but something that has brought me down.... but I am thankful that God cares enough about me to bring me to a point where I have to simply trust him and rely on him in order to keep my cool....and to remind me that I am very child-like at times!

So..if you think about it, please pray that through this process I will remain calm and that Bella will find a peace to rest without her little love:)

Told you she LOVEd them!!:)

(In her mouth...and one very close to her!!)

GOD IS our Refuge and Strength , a very present and well-proved help in trouble.Psalm 46: 1

3 comments:

The Jordon Family said...

Oh my Sarah, She reminds me so much of Aca with his binky's when he was a baby. He always had one in his mouth and in both hands all at the same time. True Love!!!
He made it ok without them once they were gone, but it does take patience:)which is hard sometimes. Best of Luck with it, I know it will be ok.

Laci said...

This cracks me up lol! Bless your heart. Alexis (my 2 1/2 y/o) had a crazy love affair with her binkie too! I think she was about 1 or 1 1/2 when we took hers away. And it was a much easier process than we thought it was going to be. We cut the tip off of them...when you do that, they don't get that suction they like and then they don't like them. Alexis was confused by it for a minute and then she didn't care to have anything to do with them. So you might try that if you haven't already :) Good Luck!

Sarah Ward said...

She actually has done great! We just went cold turkey! We also got her a big girl bed so she is loving that! Thanks girls for the encouragement!!