Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yummy Recipe...

I am not one to usually post a recipe, but I have an awesome recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Soup! It is so good and is great this time of year. I just thought I would share it with anyone interested! I love getting new recipes so I thought you all might like it too. It is super easy and a big crowd pleaser!!

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

6 lg. potatoes, diced,boiled and drained
1/2 gallon of milk
1-3 cups of shredded cheese (I usually just use one bag of pre-shredded cheese)
1 bag of real bacon bits (3oz bag)
1 bundle of chopped green onions (your preference on how many bundles)
1 stick of butter
1/2 c. flour

Melt your butter and add the flour slowly. Whisk together and add milk slowly to make a roux. Add potatoes and cover the potatoes with milk. Add 1/2 the cheese, bacon bits, and 1/2 the green onions. Add milk to fill the sauce pan to a desired consistency. Serve with cheese, bacon bits, and green onions.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful soup. It might sound difficult, but don't let the word 'Roux" scare you!! There's nothing to it!!

5 comments:

The Jordon Family said...

Sounds perfect to me! I've already written it down and can't wait to make it!!! I love potato soup ! Some cornbread on the side will be pretty tasty too!
YUM, I can't wait!

Sarah Ward said...

Yum that does sound good. I never know what to put with it but that sounds mighty tasty!!

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMMMMMM-O!!!

can't wait to try it--

The Jordon Family said...

You can say that again! YUMMMMMM-O

Angela said...

Is this fat free? Just kidding. I doubt it with the stick of butter! I can't wait to try it. YUM. Hey, you keep posting recipes. I love new ones!!!