Sunday, January 12, 2014

Radiate

I know I am about two weeks behind the whole craze of posting resolutions/goals.  But, quite frankly...that's just how I roll with things.  I am ok with that.  :) 

I have thought about this year and what I want my life to look like, and who I want to be coming out of this year.  I have spent a lot of time in prayer the past couple of weeks, just for guidance in some personal decisions we were making, but one thing I have said...and felt in my heart over and over is the word Radiate.  Through prayer I have prayed many times that I want to "Radiate you, Lord."  I want our girls lives to "Radiate you."  I want my marriage and the way I carry myself to "Radiate you" daily. 

I googled the word radiate and this is what I came up with.  Radiate: diverge or spread. give off. fan out. spread out. branch out or extend.  To have parts proceeding out from a center.

I want my life to spread, and give off, and fan out, and extend His goodness from the center of me so that ever angle of my life reflects Jesus. Radiate.  That's what I want my life to mean this year.  That's what I want others to see in me this year...you Lord and only you.  If I am truly reflecting Christ, my life can't help but be radiant. 

So as we move in to 2014 (two weeks later) I have a passion to rest in him.  To seek Him in everything.  If I see Him in everything I will seek him in everything.  If I look for Him in everything I will find Him in everything.  



 "You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you."

No comments: