Monday, January 28, 2013

Defending her faith...

In 2011 Alyssa was supposed to be taking a nap.  It was a cold December day and her room was dark.  Only lit by the light of her Christmas tree.  I heard her and wanted to remind her again that is was nap time!  I walked in her room and told her it was her last chance to get quiet and get to sleep.  That's when she proceeded to tell me she was awake because she had just asked Jesus in her heart!  My heart skipped a beat.  I said, "You did what?"  She said, "Mommy, I laid my head under my tree and asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins and come in to my life."  We talked a little bit and when Matt got home she told him her story.  We were so proud of her.  There's nothing we desire more than for our girls to fall madly in love with their savior and live their life to please and glorify Him.

We have talked for the past year about her relationship with Jesus and we have no doubt that she accepted Jesus on that cold December day and He became her Savior!

Alyssa amazes me with her faith and her willingness and desire to share Christ.  She has taught this momma more this year that I can begin to write.  This past week she was sharing about Christ with a few of her classmates.  She asked a little boy in her class if he knew who Jesus was.  He said, "Yes,  He's still dead on the cross."  Alyssa told him, "No, he died on a cross and was buried and 3 days later her arose and he lives in my heart!"  He began to argue that she was wrong and she told him, "that's where we disagree." :)

As she told me this story I couldn't help but think about the fact that she is only 6 years old and is already having to defend her faith to someone her age.  I was thankful she had to defend her faith because that meant she had shared her faith. As long as she's living, and as long as she is sharing, she will come across those who just don't believe the same way she does.  I reminded her that not everyone will accept Jesus as the person that he is to her.  They will not agree that He is Lord and that he lives in her heart and that He can live in theirs too.  I reminded her that only the Holy Spirit can lead them, but it is her responsibility to always share.  I never want her to grow weary and get discouraged.  She smiled and said, "Mom I will always share about Jesus it's just so hard when people don't believe me!"

Praying that her boldness will never fade.  Thankful for the daily lessons the Lord teaches me through my daughter.  May I have a fire that burns so fiercely for Jesus that I won't let an opportunity pass to tell someone about His amazing love!

I don't tell this story to brag on my daughter.  I tell it so I will remember it, and I tell it because it is a great reminder to me.  When sharing Jesus is what we are called to do, it's not brag worthy when we pour Christ into others.  It's simply obedience.

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Philemon 1:6


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love this, Sarah. What a little blessing she is and you guys should be so proud of what great parents you are!