Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Meaningful life...

Wow what a week it has been.  As a nation, we have faced a tragedy that my mind can not wrap itself around.  A tragedy that I can not find the words to explain how it makes me feel.  A horrific act of violence on precious, innocent children....and those who dedicated their lives to invest in our children.

Yesterday as two families buried their sweet babies, we celebrated the life of one of ours.  Our sweet Bella Grace turned 4 years old yesterday.  Bella has been a pure JOY.  A little girl that just shines with happiness.  A little girl that touches the life of everyone she comes in contact with.  The same qualities have been said about the sweet little boys who lost their life and were laid to rest yesterday.   Their parents love their sons the same way we love our daughters.  God loves our daughters no less than their sons.   Life...it's so difficult to understand sometimes.  So uncertain.  Yet so certain at the same time.

Last night I was sitting on the couch talking to Matt and just looking at our Christmas tree.  I love our tree.  It's beautiful to me.  As I gazed into the sparkle, I started at the bottom of the tree, and made my way to the top.  It's just the natural movement of the eye.  As I followed our tree to the top my heart was overwhelmed by the comfort we have in Christ.   I thought about the Christmas tree and how it symbolizes Christ birth, the warmth of Christmas, and the HOPE that we have in Christ because of the death he suffered on the Cross.  He came to save the world.  To be born as a baby, with one purpose.  The purpose to save the world from death.

I feel like tragedy has been a constant lately.  I am certain it will remain a constant (The Bible is true and it tells us these things).  I am certain I will not understand it.  I am certain Jesus has a plan.  I am certain he has a plan for ME.  I am certain my purpose in this life does not include a focus on myself.
As if we have not been reminded enough, life is short.  We are not promised tomorrow.  We are not absent from tragedy. I have come to grips with the fact anything can happen anywhere...any time.  Now more than ever, I want my life to matter.  I want my life to count for something far greater than myself.  I want the words of my mouth and the mediations of my heart to be pleasing to you oh Lord! 


Yesterday I was asked if it was hard to send my children to school.  It always is.  I always have to choose to TRUST the Lord.  Yesterday was no different.    We want to shelter our girls and keep them under our wing of protection.  But, we know that is not the Lord's plan.  They are not ours, they are His.  We can offer protection for them in some ways, but their life is HIS and He is the ultimate Protector.  We choose to trust in God's plan daily.  We know his word and we  know it is true.  In a world that is so uncertain, we are thankful for the constant that we have in Christ.  He is TRUE.  He is FAITHFUL. He is RIGHT.  He is JUST.  HE is HOLY and He is our only HOPE in this world!

I can't imagine going through life without the peace of Christ.  IF you do not know the Lord, I pray you will come to know His greatness.  God knows the pain of losing a child because He willingly gave up His so you and I could live....He would love nothing more than for you to receive His free gift!

Isaiah 12:2  “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

No comments: