Thursday, December 13, 2012

Heavy heart...

I can't really explain the heaviness that I carry in my heart. It's not really for one specific reason, but it's there and it's just caused me to pray an be thankful.

I feel like the daily news I hear about is constantly filled with reports of young kids dying, to cancer filling young bodies, to sickness, to divorce, to people in financial struggle. Life's just hard at times.
God doesn't promise that we will live flawless lives filled with perfect days. But he does promise he will never leave us or forsake us. He promises that his plans are good. He says his love never fails and is unending. He tells us to not fear the days ahead for he knows what our life holds. Nothing catches him off guard. I'm so thankful for these promises.
Maybe you needed this reminder tonight. I just know that I felt led to share tonight.

I'm so thankful for my family. For Matt and the girls. For my parents and my in-laws. For all of my siblings!!:) For our friends that have been there through the good, bad, and ugly!:). For a god who loves me and knows my ins and outs!

Sometimes you just want to cling a little tighter to those precious gifts he's given you. Today is just one of those days.



No comments: