Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fabulous weekend.

Matt and I spent the weekend in Tulsa.  We ate and shopped, and ate, and ate some more.  We are pretty good at that kind of routine.:)  We spent Friday shopping at Antique stores and used furniture stores.  We had a blast just strolling back in time looking at all the junk  wonderful things people find so great and classify as antiques.  It's quite interesting.  We love it though!!  We scored a sweet desk for Matt's office for a whopping $60.  It needs a little work, but nothing my man can't handle!

Saturday we woke up early and went to Starbucks.  I had a Groupon and we partook is some delicious coffee to start our morning off right.   We then headed to a Flea Market.  I have always wondered why they call them Flea Markets.  Now I know.
Matt got his knives sharpened.  That was exciting.  What was more exciting is the fact he had EVERY SINGLE ONE of them in the car.  Good to know.  Just. In. Case.

I had scheduled us each a massage.  Via a wonderful and inexpensive Groupon.   Gotta love Groupon.  It's my favorite.   As soon as I shook the massage therapist hand, I KNEW I was in trouble.  Oh boy was I ever so correct.   I would say I am pretty flexible person. Though I have never been able to do the splits, (until today) I have always been active and exercise almost daily.  That must have played to my advantage today.  I was in positions I never knew my body could hold.   At one point,  I ended up air bound,(sort of) and half off the massage table.  She pushed my shoulders down so hard that my legs were off the table up to my knees.  I was quite impressed with her strength!!:) At times I was praying for my life.  I was in the hands of she-woman and I knew she could take me.   During the massage She asked me a question that I thought went something like this:
HER: Would you like the boot treatment?
ME:   Oh sure, that would be great!   (Side note-some places call your feet and hands a foot and mitt treatment.  I was sure this was what she was referring to.)

I then found out...through a high level of discomfort that I had clearly misunderstood her question.
It clicked...she had asked if I wanted to partake in the "Glute" treatment.  To which I answered, "Sure, that would be great!"  Really?  I would have never agreed to something of that sort, and I surely would not have responded with "that would be GREAT!"

I was clearly uncomfortable throughout my session in more ways than one. :)  And what do you know, this massage for once, seemed like it would NEVER end!  

Matt's in the massage room right now, so I am dying to see how he thought his session went!!:)

Ok so Matt's words post massage:
"That was the Greatest but most invasive massage I have had in my life!!" It was so great, he hugged she-woman before he left!!
He hugged her...I ran from her.

I'm ready for some lunch after that workout!!

And this was lunch. I earned It all!!:)






No comments: