Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's that time again...

WOW!  Where did this summer go?  It has been a fun one that is for sure!  I am so thankful the Lord has allowed me to be home with our girls since birth.  It's something I do not take for granted and I thank him daily for the blessing.
I can't think of anything greater than being home with my babies, loving them and teaching them. Teaching them how to walk in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.  Teaching them how to love others and see others the way God see's them.  Showing them what it looks like to spend time with the Lord each morning.  I want them to SEE first hand the fruit of the Lord in the lives of Matt and I.  I  know I fail 1,000 times a day. You are created new every morning.  Great is your faithfulness (Lametations 3:22-24)

This past week I was sitting on the back porch with my coffee and my bible, and Alyssa came out to join me.  The girls know that I get them their breakfast, get my coffee, and head out on the porch. That's just our routine!:) Well Alyssa came out one day this week and said...

A: "Mommy why do you come out here every single morning to read your Bible and drink your coffee?"
Me: "Well Alyssa, mommy needs to start her day with Jesus because If don't, I tend to be less patient with you.  I might get upset with you and Bella more than I should.   Jesus likes to hear from his children, and he likes for us to spend time with Him.  Plus, how can I know Him if I don't ever talk to Him, or spend time learning about Him?"
A: "Your right mommy.  That makes a lot of sense.  I am your daughter and if you I never talked to you I wouldn't know anything about you.  I wouldn't know what made you happy, or what made you sad.  Even though I live in your house, that is not enough."
Me: "(Astounded by her analogy) yes you are right, sweetie!"
A: "Well mom, I'll go inside and keep Bella occupied while you finish up your time with Jesus!"

What a great reminder to me, that our children are watching our every move.  I pray that I have invested the best of my time with both our girls.  I don't want to miss a chance to teach them.  I want them both to walk in confidence.  Confidence that they are made with a purpose.  A purpose to live a life pleasing to the Lord.  Not conforming to the world, but to be different.  I don't want them to be normal or average.  As I read recently in Tim Tebows book, God created us for so much more than to just be average.

So as this school year approaches I have encouraged Alyssa to make every decision as if she is making it to please God.  I told her to be a good student and friend, to be a leader, to be an encourager, and to be a helper.  I told her God loves her and He is proud of the little girl that she is becoming.  She smiled and said, "I want to make Him proud."

I am looking forward to this school year.  I know it is going to be great!  We love Alyssa and Bella's teachers this year.  I  have prayed every year that the Lord would bring the girls the best teacher for them and we trust that He has done just that!




Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (1Timothy 4:12)




No comments: