Friday, October 9, 2009

The small things...

I just got through rocking my baby girl to sleep! My precious Bella Grace that has grown way too fast for me to handle. She is such a blessing. Both my girls are. I take them for granted so many times. I blink and Alyssa is 3 1/2 and Bella is almost 10 months. How did that happen? Not sure. But it did. It brings me to tears. Tears of joy and sadness that my little girls are growing up. As I rocked Bella to sleep, I thought about my love for her. I thought about how I would do anything for that sweet, smiling face. I thought about what it must have been like for Mary to hold baby Jesus. You know she thought the same things that you and I think when we hold our precious children Then I think of how it must have hurt her to the bone to see her baby die. On a cross. For the sins of the world. An ugly and mean world. I can't imagine! I am quickly reminded of How he loves us. And as much as I love Bella Grace and Alyssa Lauren, he loves me and both of them more!

Sometimes it just takes the little things in life for God to remind us of how blessed we are. Today it was rocking little Bella to sleep. I am so glad I took the time to rock her. So glad!

No comments: