Monday, January 19, 2015

Even in the mundane...

Last I was making out my grocery list, as I do most weeks and was in search for a notebook.  Having two little girls, there's always a notebook close by.  I looked on our ottoman and spotted one of Bella's, so I flipped through the pages and grabbed the first one available.  She doesn't write in her notebook from start to finish, she just whips it open and whatever page it opens to, if vacant, is where her pen falls.  Side note- that's  pretty much how she lives her life.  Carefree and in no order!:)

I found a sheet of paper and was about to close the book when I decided to see what all she has composed in this book.  She is one who loves to share her thoughts and speak her heart so you never know what you are going to find.

This the little gem that I found.

  It blessed my heart to no end.  Not only was I so excited to see her love for Jesus written on paper, but It made me feel so loved and cherished from my sweet Jesus.  That he cares and delights in me so much that he bent down to speak to my heart to simply, Wait.  To stop...and To take a moment to see a glimpse into the heart of my daughter.  To see the work of Jesus in her life, and to encourage me as a momma that the love of Christ we have poured into her has not been missed.  

You see, Jesus meets us every day in our mundane.  In the moments we do over and over through the day,  throughout the week, and throughout our lives.  He's there.  When laundry seems never ending, because lets face it...it's never ending... he's there to tender our hearts to the love we have for the little people we get to call family and get to wash clothes for.  He's there to remind us that we are Blessed.  That out lives are full.  Full of love, laughter, pain, and full of LIFE.  Because in HIM, we have life abundant and life everlasting.  

Too often I get caught in the daily tasks of life and I miss the bending down of my Savior to be near to me.  Because He's always there.  It's a shame I allow miss Him far too often.  

I wonder how many blessings I have missed by simply doing ordinary things?

I have been challenged and convicted to stop more.  To seek him in everything and Find him in every moment.  Because  He never leaves or forsakes me.

No comments: