Sunday, August 14, 2011

On top of things..

I love to feel like I am on top of things around my house. there is nothing more gratifying as a stay at home mom and wife to have our home and our life in order! I love the house picked up, the laundry done (doesn't always make the top of the priority list), and I LOVE to have my meals planned out! I was really feeling on top of the world a couple of weeks ago! I got on the ball and made a dinner menu for 3 weeks. Yes you read that right!! I planned 5 meals a week for 3 weeks and I bought all my groceries for those 3 weeks. All totaling a whopping $130. But that's another post!

I just feel like my life is a whole lot less stressful when I don't have to think about the dreaded question of, "What sounds good for dinner?" Quite frankly, Matt never cares. He thinks I am a fabulous cook and would eat anything I make (good man). So he is not much help when I ask that question. So instead of stressing about it, I plan ahead and man it makes things go so smooth!

I write down each day and I include all sides as well. If my menu calls for something that doesn't sound the greatest, I just flip flop my menu around! It really works great.

I thought I would share my menu for this week! I know I get in a rut with cooking and it's nice to have someone else's menu to give me ideas. I am always asking my friends what they are cooking for the week. It just helps having fresh ideas.

Monday: I am throwing in a pork butt in the morning. Check out the recipe HERE. I add about half a bottle of liquid smoke to give it a little more smoky flavor. This will be accompanied by small yeast rolls with coleslaw for Pulled Pork Sandwiches.

Tuesday: We will use the pork (I do not add bbq sauce to the pork so I can reuse it) for pork tacos. They are sooo yummy! I throw the meat in a saucepan, add in some cumin, salt, pepper, some green chilies, and anything else you may want to make your pork a little more mexican. I throw some meat on a tortilla, add some cheese, lettuce, salsa and guacamole and it is a flavor of fun in your mouth! Oh yum!!

Wednesday: Chicken Alfredo. Recipe HERE.

Thursday: Kung Pao Chicken with peanuts and scallions. Served with homemade wontons and brown rice.

Friday: Steak night!! Then I will use the left over steak for steak fajitas!!

I hope this has helped you this week! I love new recipes so if you have anything you just love..send it my way!!

Check out this awesome blog for some great recipes! Chrissy is an awesome cook and we are equally on top of things (haha..jk) when it comes to meal planning! We brainstorm together most weeks on what we will cook!!:)

1 comment:

Chrissy Cash said...

Yummy menu! I'm going to try that pork butt recipe! Maybe this week! I love getting new ideas too! Thanks for the link to my blog! :)